[Adminsysters] [urgent] funding project

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Thu Jul 13 12:25:28 CEST 2017

i also have very little spare time at the moment so i can't offer to
helpbeyond cheering from the sidelines; but it certainly does look like
a really great opportunity - how often does funding specifically for
feminist server projects come up??

if we had some money to pay the server & domain costs plus something for
someone to take care of it for a time & develop the project, then i'm
sure that we could find someone to do that.

did you meet the other night?

h : )

On 13.07.2017 04:53, Nancy Mauro-Flude wrote:
> Hi
> I don't have time either but do think we should show our presence and
> solidarity ...lest be 'uncolonized in history' which is not a bad thing of
> course, but seems to be a thing these days especially with the renewed
> interest in female run servers.
> cheers
> Nancy
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think I have time for this, sorry. But will help where needed.
>>
>> Donna
>>
>> On 07/11/2017 10:50 PM, obaz wrote:
>>> hi.
>>> today elijah from riseup queried me in IRC to tell me that there is a
>>> fundraising drive that APC is organizing for feminist women-led server
>>> projects.
>>> if we are interested, the first thing is to affirm that we are and we
>>> want to be part of the drive.
>>> i think that a fund would both help us pay for the server and for some
>>> human time to take care of the server and our projects. i wouldn't want
>>> money, but would be happy to help coordinate and would be excited if one
>>> of us could be paid to dedicate time to the project.
>>> only thing is we need to respond soon, by writing to mallory from apc.
>>> how about doing a videoconference tomorrow evening, to address all the
>>> things we need to do for our project and also for the fund?
>>> hope to hear from you soon.
>>> hugs
>>> obaz

--