[Adminsysters] mastodon-social network?

gaba gaba at riseup.net
Tue Nov 28 18:05:54 CET 2017

As I see social networks  could be a way to amplify information as well as a way to share what we are reading on many topics within our network.  The good thing about mastodon is that is decentralized and we can set rules for the systerserver instance. About being hacked I think we can learn :-)  Descentralized social networks like mastodon work like email servers. You have an account in an instance and share information with that specific group. And you can connect with accounts in other instances in a broader circle.

I agree that we need 3 people to administer. Let’s do it if only 2 more people want to help with the administration.   Do we have any other two volunteers for administering it?

I guess how much work it is will depend on how many people use it and I think it should be only for people in our own one-on-one network.  The moderation will mostly imply moderating content.  But we also need to agree on rules and deciding how it will work.