[Adminsysters] introduction

Nancy Mauro-Flude nancy at genderchangers.org
Sat Apr 7 02:04:37 CEST 2018

hello everyone

i'm a pseudo sysadmin i do run my own server but with varing degrees of
success trial and error and help from friends where all else fails. I
certainly value being part of this group re commitment - i have a child
and quite a demanding roles otherwise that takes me into the abyss most of
the time and more so over past years.

but reaching out here to say *hi* to those that I know over the past
decades, those whom i do not.

salutations \o/

nancy

> hi anne! :) i'm also no sysadmin, but i enjoy & value being part of this
group with the dream of somehow some day understanding more about it all
... & am also interested to start using mastodon.
> h : )
> On 30.03.2018 13:54, Anne Roth wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm new here as well and I'm not totally sure how Donna and Gaba talked
me into this but they did - thanks :)
>> I'm no sysadmin and won't be any time soon but I will help moderate the
Mastodon instance once it exists and I'm looking forward to trying that
out. Actually it would great to start, now that Facebook is
>> self-destroying at such amazing speed ;)
>> I live in Berlin, Germany, and have walked some of the steps together
with the Eclectic Tech Carnival many years ago.
>> Cheers,
>> Anne
>> Am 20.03.18 um 14:59 schrieb Fumiko:
>>> Hello! I should introduce myself, since I was kindly and recently
added
>>> to this list by Donna after we briefly met a few weeks ago.
>>> I go by the name Fumiko and I'm from Bolivia, currently based in
Amsterdam but moving out soon. I work mostly in the design of more
secure communication strategies and protocols for grassroots
>>> collectives
>>> in Bolivia. I also produce a radio podcast, I manage websites and do
some web design, I facilitate digital security workshops and produce
training materials from a feminist perspective, and etc. For some time
>>> have being struggling to learn some sysadmin skills and I go around
looking for places/communities where to make the self learning process
>>> bit less lonely.
>>> I'm the sort of quiet person until I have something important to say, so
>>> mostly I will stay in the dark and pop up when I think I can
contribute
>>> something meaningful, or else I will be asking some questions from
time
>>> to time. Feel free to contact me if there is more about me and my
background that you might be interested to know.
>>> Warmly,
>>> Fumiko.
http://www.creative-catalyst.com