[Adminsysters] meeting on /ETC: gitlab update and CI

obaz obaz at autistiche.org
Sat Apr 14 17:55:00 CEST 2018

Hi everybody,
today during the meeting for the /ETC website I launched an `apt
upgrade` which temporarily broke Gitlab, but now it's back, with changes
in the gitlab.rb config file that replaced deprecated commands. Now
Gitlab is alive and kicking and at the new version, and magically it
also has a Continuous Integration engine.

This means that if we write a config file for the CI in our websites,
they will deploy automagically instead of us admins having to update the
websites by hand. This is very good news, as we were wondering how to
allow for constant updates in the ETC website without us admins having
to launch the deploy script every time a new post was published, and now
we don't need this any longer apparently. I will test it as soon as
possible.

More updates on the website in the etc-int list.

Ciao :)
obaz