[Adminsysters] building feminist infrastructures

gaba gaba at riseup.net
Fri Jan 12 23:47:04 CET 2018

Sisters,

A few of us applied to get funding from OTF[0] to bring people from feminist collectives to Valencia in March right around Internet Freedom Festival 2018.

The idea is to have a one day gathering with people maintaining services/servers to talk about:

- Strengthening the existing network of collectives and people that work on autonomous and feminist infrastructure projects that support journalists and activists in their local communities
- Evaluating and mapping existing servers and services that are maintained by women, non-binary people and feminist collectives.
- Identifying and documenting gaps and opportunities in capacity and collaboration.
- Generating shared understanding of a network as a technology and outline strategies and ideas for nurturing solidarity and mentorship between its nodes.

The proposal that we presented is this one [1] and although we believe that this is a beautiful proposal, consider that it was created only by some of us and it may have many holes on things that neesds to be worked out from the collaboration and richnes of all of us.

We would love to invite your collective to participate in this gathering. It will be happening in VALENCIA, Spain on MARCH 4th 2018. Travel to/from Valencia and accomodations for 2 nights are covered (March 3 & 4) if your organization can not pay for it. We will be prioritizing translation of pre/post gathering materials. Please let us know if you are available to help with translation. As we would love to discuss which support we want as well as decision making and share technical skills consider a wide range of skills when choosing who should come to the gathering.

The timeline on this gathering is very fast - we only just confirmed the funding support for travel and accomodations this week. We must arrange/book the flights as soon as possible.

Please, let us know by SATURDAY JANUARY 20th

 - who from your collective can come and where they are coming from.
 - if that person/s is already registered to attend the IFF
 - what day they need to arrive/depart Valencia.
 - if they have their travel to IFF already covered through other arrangements, please also let us know.

Thanks!

Gaba & Brenna

[0] Community lab at Open Tech Fund https://www.opentech.fund/
[1] Proposal in english: https://pad.riseup.net/p/spain18_feminfra