[Adminsysters] summary of lunch meeting

Donna Metzlar donna at genderchangers.org
Sun Mar 4 15:39:47 CET 2018

Hi all,

A few of us are in Valencia for the Building Feminist Infrastructures
meeting. Before the Internet Freedom Festival which starts tomorrow.

During lunch we discussed the Systerserver:

* we need to review how we do the backup
* we need to install some monitoring (ask autistici how they do it)
* not everyone thinks running Mastadon will make a difference but it's
interesting to try. So it needs to be installed
* new idea - install docker and run the services in there!
* write a policy on who can get a Mastadon account
* write a code of conduct on how to use Mastadon
* everyone agrees, email remains our primary way of communicating (not
moving to signal or telegram groups)
* on the website we need to explain that we do this out of passion and
not for profit. other passions in our lives include cycling, friends and
family, etc. our service will not necessarily be reliable. we're doing
our best but we may fail to be running at times
* create a time-line for the coming months: when will docker, mastadon
and the backup full functional? end of april?

So long,
Donna