[Adminsysters] summary of lunch meeting

gaba gaba at riseup.net
Fri Mar 16 21:48:23 CET 2018

Thanks for the update! I’m finally back home and reading mails :)

> On Mar 4, 2018, at 6:39 AM, Donna Metzlar <donna at genderchangers.org> wrote:
>
> * we need to review how we do the backup

I attended the gathering on Calafou and one of the sessions was on backup. There is the idea of doing cross-server backups.  One tool that people use (we used it before) is backupninja. We are only using rsync on a cron job sending files to a VPS we have on riseup. If people are interested in looking at this I can do a skill share about it.

> * we need to install some monitoring (ask autistici how they do it)
> * not everyone thinks running Mastadon will make a difference but it's
> interesting to try. So it needs to be installed

I will continue working on it. If anybody is interested in troubleshooting it with me please send me a message.

> * new idea - install docker and run the services in there!

this was something mostly obaz was interested in doing. Anybody else want to do docker in the serveR?

> * write a policy on who can get a Mastadon account
> * write a code of conduct on how to use Mastadon

> * everyone agrees, email remains our primary way of communicating (not
> moving to signal or telegram groups)
> * on the website we need to explain that we do this out of passion and
> not for profit. other passions in our lives include cycling, friends and
> family, etc. our service will not necessarily be reliable. we're doing
> our best but we may fail to be running at times

yes!

> * create a time-line for the coming months: when will docker, mastadon
> and the backup full functional? end of april?

I have some time to work in the backups and mastodon at the end of march.

hugs,
gaba