[Adminsysters] hosting costs 2020

Donna Metzlar donna at genderchangers.org
Mon Oct 28 15:53:03 CET 2019

Dear all,

At mur.at they are holding the solidarity funding round for 2020. In the
past I always did a bid for 120 euro, a price I simply made up. If you
all think we should pay more or less let me know.

I have just sent the team an email asking about our hardware. We had
assumed we would turn off jean (the old server with Debian 8). I had
told the mur.at team they could have the machine, but they said they
don't need it. So now the idea is to reinstall jean (with Debian 10) and
use it for a singel service, for example as a VPN server.

The team is happy with our bid of 120 euro, even for 2 servers but what
they suggested is that we share our hardware and VPN service with them.
I like this idea.

I'd like to hear your opinions. There are 41 people subscribed (although
I see one person twice :)). I would love to hear some more voices.

Donna