[Adminsysters] etc website

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Tue Dec 1 10:46:55 CET 2020

great work everyone! :)

this weekend i had the experience of my hard drive dying on me - the
first time EVER that it's happened, & i've been living & working with
computers for about 30 years; so i guess it was about time! & i'm very
proud to say that i have successfully swapped out the dead drive for a
new SSD, created a live ubuntu ubs drive on an ancient mac, and done a
fresh install of the latest os :) (with online support from friends in
far places).

i know it's not really that impressive but i was anticipating
insurmountable problems ... the most difficult thing was of course
undoing the damn miniscule screws & opening up the laptop. everything
else went very smoothly.

h : )

--

helen varley jamieson