[Adminsysters] Next meeting agenda

mara mara at multiplace.org
Fri Feb 21 20:51:53 CET 2020

Next meeting 26-02?

Me and shark made a pad yesterday of the steps needed to perform the
backups with the references links (@shark can you share the pad in the
list?)

So we can discuss over the steps next time we meet online.
We also need to discuss the following, which are issues already
mentioned in previously and have to do with server management and
transparency.

About server access,
People we know and wish to be users, could have non root account.
Suggestion:
- those who would like sudo to perform actions on the server, have been
following along our meetings for a while, and they are confident and
trusted to perform a task on the server on their own or in pairs.
-Disable sudo to the users who aren't active on working on the server.
-Use GNU screen for sharing terminal sessions without root privilege
(We had problems with tmux sessions running as non root users, anyone
knows better?)

About Changelog,
Let's try to keep it updated with what we are performing on the server,
even if it's a system update, a new user, or a fix to a library,
password changes, etc.

About DNS
asfaik, only donna has access to the systerservers' dns management.
Suggestion: make it accessible to the sudo users of systerserver.

About finances:
Keep an account of the donations to the server's cost for 2020 (120
euro) Till now Donna has paid in full, but we don't know if she's
getting refunded. So I'd like more transparency on this.
Suggestion: make a post on gitlab's wiki accessible to its users where
we write what has been refunded and what's left.

anything else?