[Adminsysters] peertube federation

mara mara at multiplace.org
Thu Oct 21 17:38:12 CEST 2021

>From the comments I received in mastodon by a peer who runs peertube:

"what happens when you federate with a server, is that their videos show
up on your instance. Reversely, if you are followed, your videos show up
on another server. So it is good to have a sense who that server
federates with because your video might show up next to another. Then
another thing you can do is to mirror particular videos or channels to
help keep them online. So far the server I am involved with
(tv.lumbung.space) does not federate with other peertube servers, but
that is for other reasons."

So we shall decide if we would like to federate at all. Or how to
moderate followers.