[Adminsysters] september sysadmin tasks

mara mara at multiplace.org
Fri Sep 10 10:40:26 CEST 2021

Hi again,

For September, ooooo and Mika have opted in to do sysadmin work. I asked
Donna and she agreed to help as a referee for until end of this year,
and we carve a compensation for this from the budget (as we do for all
the rest of the roles). September and October are very busy for me to be
of sysadmin support to others as I will focus on peertube install (plus
I have a full time job).

Systerserver needs a reboot after some packages' upgrade, and we try to
do that during online sessions, since is less scary when DIT.

@Donna could you create users for Mika and ooooo on adele?

@ooooo @Mika can you send to Donna your ssh key and check that your new
users have sudo access and are ready prior to our meeting. iirc you
already created a git repo for this howto in gitlab? If not, please do
that too.

@nate, @artemis would be good if you can also join this sysadmin meeting.

We keep a record of our actions under /root/Changelog, that can help
with writing this howto, which in turn will be helpful for boarding new
sysadmins for our servers and in general. We could publish it as a zine
later.

In this meeting we will do the reboot together and start the howto of
sysadmin essentials (or how else we want to name it), what other tasks
should be done periodically, add current sysadmins emails to the
server's notifications. And whatever else I can't think of right now.

please add availability here:
https://transitional.anarchaserver.org/date/studs.php?poll=sysadmin-september

hugs, m