[Adminsysters] september sysadmin tasks - Correction Date

Nancy Mauro-Flude sister0 at dyne.org
Sat Sep 18 02:08:38 CEST 2021

Hiya

On 18/09/2021 02:07, mara wrote:
> Meeting is for Thursday 23rd September, 15.00 CEST
> sorry for the confusion.

thanks that's clear now

> On 9/17/21 2:00 PM, mara wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we meet on Thursday 24th September at 15.00 CEST.
>> We will follow up before the date with a meeting link and a sysadmin
>> task agenda.
>> @Nancy, we try to use our own tools as much as possible for our tasks.
>> One of this is open sondage hosted in anarchaserver for schedule polls
>> which alas doesn't provide more than one timezone at the same time.

understood

>> We will consider your time difference the next time we create a new
>> poll, since you are interested to help, but unless there is more
>> demand
>> from outside EU to have more than one timezone, we can stick with what
>> we have. I hope that is fine with you.

no need - if CEST is included then it's easier to sync from _elsewhere_
as EU has more than one timezone too...

>> There will be some writing to be done for invites and open calls to
>> people/groups who we would like to host on peertube, if you would like
>> to support with that. At the moment this is a task done by ooooo, but
>> would be nice to have extra help. This is work mostly done in
>> etherpads,
>> which don't need user accounts.

yes i've seen them - at the meeting I'll find out more about content -
I have etherpads lite and 'full' installed on my own server...I use them
for teaching..& other activities

>> We set up a process for new admins in anarchaserver which we can
>> follow
>> for systerserver too. If a new admin wants to join, they take on a
>> task
>> they would like to do and work together with an existing admin. If you
>> are interested to do that, we can first create a gitlab user for you,
>> so
>> you can choose a task from our todo list, prepare for it, and find
>> someone from the active admins to work with together.

yes thanks - here's my account that you can link to possibly ...
https://gitlab.com/sister0

>> If anyone would like to suggest/expand on new admins boarding, please
>> start a new thread.
>>
>> warm greetings
>> mara

Cheers Nancy