[Adminsysters] Issue 24 - sending from systerserver didn't work from certain email adresses - done

bolwerK info at ooooo.be
Thu Sep 30 21:20:02 CEST 2021

Great **** hurray  for donna and lila - that we can close the ticket

https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/issues/24
<https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/issues/24>

the mailings list had some  issue on sending mails

    /lila explains I think the issue was that the mailserver at
    lists.systerserver.net was sending mail to other mailservers using
    multiple IP addresses, IPv4s and IPv6s; and that only one IP was
    authorized in the SPF record; and that SPF record specified that
    mail coming from other IPs should be strictly rejected. This
    rejection was caused by the "-all" part of the SPF. At least that's
    what immerda said in the email I forwarded to you. I couldn't check
    that myself but I do trust ng from immerda quite a lot regarding
    mailserver administration :)/

- see in the comments the full explanation

/xm
/