[Adminsysters] Repurposing jean

ignifugo ignifugo at insicuri.net
Thu May 12 10:46:02 CEST 2022

On 07/05/22 13:14, Helen Varley Jamieson wrote:

> great :)
>
> On 06.05.22 16:18, mara wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> this is a follow-up of the traffic problem we caused a few months ago
>> to mur.at bandwidth. Also ezn and estragonius had a call with mur.at
>> last week, because we applied for their open call residency as afni,
>> to have the time and support to install a monitoring service and
>> design some error pages for systerserver. We didn't get selected, but
>> they will make an interview with us about systerserver, and they
>> would like us to proceed with installing the monitoring anyhow. And
>> probably that is a good idea.
>>
>> I am visiting ignifugo these days, and we talk about the possibility
>> of installing prometheus+graphana on jean.
>>
>> But before concluding on how to use jean, we need to upgrade or do a
>> clean install for latest debian 11 in jean. We will start looking
>> into how to do it remotely and share our findings here.

hi! yeah,

I'm available to try the update of debian on jean, and also to install
prometheus+graphana on jean or adele.

Maybe is better install prometheus+graphana on adele if is the first
need that we have, and after move just grafana on jean..

depend if jean update easily or not.. if we want reinstall or not.. and
in which way.

Yesteday I tested prometheus+graphana on the server inside of mesh
network (antennine.noblogs.org) to monitoring the server itself,

because before we just monitored the antennas, ... and was great!

I used this dashboard of grafana to see the data in graph:
https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/1860

just one of.. it's nice!

what do you think if we meet 18 wednesday morning?

hugs ignifugo