[Adminsysters] Mastodon - what do we want and how do we want it

Anne Roth annalist at riseup.net
Sat Nov 19 13:14:42 CET 2022

Hi,

Am 14.11.22 um 05:29 schrieb Gaba:

>> Like, how do we move on now? Threre is the new pad with quite a few
>> comments and suggestions for change and the old pad with a lot of good
>> ideas and suggestions. Does it make sense to try and merge or would it
>> be better to stick with one and try to some up with a draft?
>

> I think we should meet and draft something. Otherwise one of us can
> draft and we work from there.  I think we should merge both pads for
> this draft.

Sorry for the late reply, had too many other things. So yes, let's meet
- when?
Who's want to participate and what's a good time generally for you and
the timezone you live in?

Me: Central Europe, UTC+1, preferably on the weekends or late afternoon
till maybe 10pm here.

>> Are you saying you would like to see systerserver.town to be more of a
>> closed small(er) community?
>
> I think we should not open up registration. We should setup the rules,
> policies, etc and then continue having systerserver.town by invitation.
> We can give invites in any of the events people organize or our own
> networks . We could ask people to join.

I totally agree. I'd like it to be open for a wider feminist community
and at the same time not open to all. Because I like the idea of this
being a space of a defined community and also because my feeling is that
we're all doing this next to many other things and we might not have the
capacity to deal with something very big (?).

I'd already like to suggest a specific chat group or list or something
to help with decisions about accounts that need to be approved. I'm
doing it 'on the fly' basically deciding on how an account name 'feels'
- sometimes I know them, often it's very obvious they're spam, but with
Mastodon growing we have more account registrations and it get's less
obvious who they are. It would be great to have a place to quickly ask
whether anyone else knows the people behind the account names. What do
you think?

Cheers,
Anne