[Adminsysters] .town meeting notes, next date and a question

Anne Roth annalist at riseup.net
Sat Nov 26 22:47:26 CET 2022

Hi all,

we just had the meeting to talk about next steps for systerserver.town
and I'm pasting the meeting notes below.

== Question to everyone ==

One thing we discussed was how to communicate about systerserver.town.
Should we set up a different list or stay on this one?

This question goes to everyone here: As you noticed in the last days
there is quite a bit of mail exchange about this project. That might
decrease once everything's set up but it might also be busy later on at
times, e.g. when we have to discuss moderation decisions.

And so: Would you like us to stay because it's a project of the
systerserver after all (or whatever else as a reason) or would you
prefer us to only post sort of big decisions here but have the
day-to-day back and forth on a seperate list?

You can reply to this mail or use this poll

https://www.systemli.org/poll/#/poll/1AlVXmMgyK/participation?encryptionKey=OsvQ7OvAYesezTwfOkN0jjhVw5PBbfeN0P6RAcxy

For the poll you can add your name but you don't have to. I set it up so
that it allows to write text instead of 'yes' or 'no' so you can write
whatever you like but it's totally fine to just put 'yes' or 'no'.

== Next Meeting ==

We'll meet again in a week, same place, same time:

Saturday Dec 3rd at 19:00 UTC
Your time:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?&iso=20221203T19

Here: https://meet.calyx.net/SysTown

At this meeting we'll want to move forward with some bits of text
needed: A page describing who we are and who systerserver.town is for,
what type of behaviour we would like to see and what won't be tolerated.

Everyone who'd like to contribute ideas is very welcome!

If you feel like brainstorming a little during the week already please
add your bits and pieces to our pad. E.g.:

What does 'feminist server' mean?
Who is welcome to register an account?
What should be mentioned in the Code of Conduct?

Any draft of a piece of text will be super helpful!

Below the meeting notes there's a section 'Policies' for that here:
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/MUT-FoePY6Dr0OUiozMK0W7x/

== Today's Meeting Notes ==

Agenda November 26th

TODO: Gaba will send a mail to the mailing list about requirements to
open an account in opencollective.

TODO: Ooooo get disks for JEAN. Which disks ? Ask Donna

TODO: Find somebody that can go to mur.at to setup new disks with JEAN.
Maybe Ooooo or [----]

TODO Anne  writes to the list -for opening 'other'mailinglist about
moderation of systertown

TODO Everybody think (and/or write down) about what the instance is
about and the server rules for it.
NEXT MEETING: December 3rd SATURDAY 19 UTC at https://meet.calyx.net/SysTown
but (for regular meetings) ooooo
another day from time to time.

     Next Agenda:

             - discuss the 'about page' (what we mean by feminism)

             - discuss server rules

# Opencollective

- how it works, what happens with VAT?

info in https://opencollective.com/help

# Migration to other server

- what are our technical capabilities - needs / in relation ::USERS ::
44 ACTIVE USERS - ACCOUNTS 60  - 11/2022    -
now on
Digital Ocean  ---   DISK - 80% - (cron job running for ::)
------ logging ?  ------
------ auto / deletion ---
------ [searches] takes up space -------

?? bandwidth ::: ??

******** AUTO DELETE ******* ( SAVE - periodically)  - 1 day - 1 year
*** tooth ***
in relation to people -  disk capacity -  ethical thinking/resources

******** REMOVE ACCOUNTS  ******* ( if not active ( which period) - ?
email First)

 > MIGRATION < where do we want to host the machine ?
 >>> digital ocean
         **** 48 euro ****  (3 months)

4 vCPUs
8GB / 160GB Disk
for USD 48/mo

 >>> JEAN   --- systerserver.town   ?
         - NEED 2 DISK - (which ones)
           ORDER 240 GIG
         - ( do we need to go there to [INSTALL] )

 >>> ADELE
-- SmARt Error --- DISK   ----- Keeep different services seperate
so not all the infrastructure is down
(only depenendency - MUR.AT)

# Communication Channels

- do we need other place to discuss anything related to mastodon/systertown?
MAILINGLIST  for anything moderation
-https://lists.systerserver.net/mailman3/lists/
Signal for anything "sensitive" information

-- IRC --

# CREDENTIALS
talk later, ask it seperately
also - signal - group

# REGISTRATION

- Not opening up . It only do it by invitation. We will have migration,
policies and opencollective and then we can "advertise" what this server is.

The pad to the meeting:
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/MUT-FoePY6Dr0OUiozMK0W7x/

Cheers,
Anne