[Adminsysters] PeerTube behind remote proxy

mara mara at multiplace.org
Sat Dec 16 12:32:47 CET 2023

As we try to configure peertube for caladona running locally in the
space and routing requests via Systerserver Jean VPN, I made some
research and this how-to looks promising. Unfold the first reply under
the problem explanation (includes a nice diagram too):
https://framacolibri.org/t/confused-on-running-peertube-behind-remote-nginx-reverse-proxy/12997

The solution is to have one nginx on Jean only, and on caladona only
configure peertube yaml file.

As per the example nginx from the link above, inside Jean caladona.conf,
we need to replace the upstream backend directive with the private IP of
caladona, and in caladona's local peertube config yaml, replace the
trust_proxy with Jean private IP.

HTH

--
mara.multiplace.org