[Adminsysters] becoming a syster?

shusha.ch neu shusha at shusha.ch
Mon Feb 27 09:58:10 CET 2023

dear Systerservers members

I met some of you in the past on different occasion already, and I would like to join you as a member of Systerserver.

My name is Shusha (she/her), I live in Switzerland (Winterthur) as a part-time single mom with my son (11 years old), and I have a background of media art, education and research.

I worked as a cultural educator at HEK (House of Electronic Arts Basel) for several years. I was part of the research project Creating Commons, where we tried to articulate digitally informed artistic / cultural practices as commoning - among them were also Feminist Servers, that is where I learned about them.
https://creatingcommons.zhdk.ch <https://creatingcommons.zhdk.ch/>

At them moment, I am conducting my PHD about user practice in data driven environments, and again, Trans*Feminist Servers are my company :).
https://latentspaces.zhdk.ch <https://latentspaces.zhdk.ch/>

I wrote about Feminist servers (probably you already know):
https://creatingcommons.zhdk.ch/feminist-server-visibility-and-functionality/index.html <https://creatingcommons.zhdk.ch/feminist-server-visibility-and-functionality/index.html>
https://darc.au.dk/fileadmin/DARC/newspapers/toward-a-minor-tech-online-sm.pdf <https://darc.au.dk/fileadmin/DARC/newspapers/toward-a-minor-tech-online-sm.pdf> (page 4)

I believe Feminist Servers are one of the most radical practices / critiques of infrastructural conditions of the digital, and unique in its combination of practice and narrative work. I would like to take part.

So, this is my application to join Systerserver.
Thank you for caring, and also very much for all the work already done!

best,
shusha