[Adminsysters] Mastodon Research Event update

Camara, Carlos Carlos.Camara at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Jun 15 13:34:13 CEST 2023

Dear all,

It's one week before we all meet (either in person or online) for the Mastodon Research Event, and I have some important updates to share with you.

Webinar information:

For those presenting online, we have set up a Webinar that you will have to use to join for your presentation and discussion, as well as follow the rest of presentations. Soon after this email, you will be receive an automated email from Microsoft Teams with the details of the session, as well as a link to join.

If you want to, you can also share the link of the virtual event (https://events.teams.microsoft.com/event/4d682da3-3b4e-4909-9239-743d86cc7dcc@09bacfbd-47ef-4465-9265-3546f2eaf6bc) with your contacts for them to register and join as viewers. Please, bear in mind that we are still adding your details to the page, but the URL won't change. Also note that while we add your details it is likely that you will be receiving automated emails with every update (apologies for that in advance).

Videos, slides and timing:

This is a kind (but crucial) reminder to share your materials in advance to ensure that the event works smoothly.

  1.  For those presenting online: please do send me a URL pointing to a pub to your pre-recorded presentation to me by the 16th of June, so everyone has a chance to watch the presentations in advance of the day (please, be aware that you'll only have 5' to summarise your presentation on the event, prior to the discussion)
  2.  For those presenting in person: please, do send me a file to your presentation by the 20th of June at the latest. We have a very packed agenda, and we need to prepare the slides in the computer that will be used in the event, so we do not waste our time unnecessarily.
  3.  For anyone wanting to share the slides publicly: if someone wants to make their materials public, please do send them to me stating that you're OK with that so I can add them to a public folder. If you do so, I'd suggest mentioning in your slides the licence you'd like to use as well as how you want your work to be cited.

Last, given how tight the agenda is and that we will have an intense day, I cannot stress enough to make sure to respect the timing for your presentations. On the other hand, we will have plenty of opportunities to discuss and talk during the two days.

Collaborative pad

We have set up this public pad with important information where anyone can add their mastodon handle/contact details (if they want to) as well as collaborative notetaking:
https://mypads2.framapad.org/p/mastodon-research-event-m62wqy90h

Please, bear in mind that the pad can be accessed by anyone with the URL, so treat all the information written there as public.

Schedule

As per some people's request, there have been some minor changes to the schedule, which is being updated.

This is all for now. Looking forward to meeting you all next week.

Best,

Carlos

Dr. Carlos Cámara-Menoyo (He/him)
Senior Research Software Engineer
Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM)
Room B0.03 | Social Sciences Building | University of Warwick | Coventry CV4 7AL
carlos.camara at warwick.ac.uk<mailto:carlos.camara at warwick.ac.uk>

Web<https://carloscamara.es/en> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/drccamara> | Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlescamara/> | ORCID<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9378-0549>

[A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature]<https://www.name-coach.com/carlos-camara-menoyo>

<https://www.name-coach.com/carlos-camara-menoyo>

My name is Carlos, and I have two surnames: Cámara (my dad’s) and Menoyo (my mum’s). You can call me Carlos Cámara or Carlos Cámara Menoyo, but not Carlos Menoyo.

[cid:df74688c-4433-4435-9bf5-c66e43aeb670]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/0bfa45609ed2439ca0a0b7f09905676e@warwick.ac.uk?anonymous&ep=signature>            Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/0bfa45609ed2439ca0a0b7f09905676e@warwick.ac.uk?anonymous&ep=signature>