[Adminsysters] Mastodon Event - Thank you, mail list and next actions

Camara, Carlos Carlos.Camara at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Jun 26 15:22:34 CEST 2023

Dear all,

Thank you all for your involvement (whether online or in person) in the Mastodon event and for your contribution in making it so good. Nate, Fangzhou and I were very happy with the event in terms of content, conversation and good vives. I particularly enjoyed your talks and conversations, and especially the work sessions on the second day, which were extremely stimulating and hope they translate into something great in the near future.

For those of you who were not present on the second day (or just in case you forgot), I wanted to flag that when we discussed next actions and communication channels, Robert suggested using the Alternative Social Media mailing list he’s managing, which gathers researchers interested in that area. If you’d like to join, you can send an email to ASM-L-request at YORKU.CA<mailto:ASM-L-request at YORKU.CA> for him to manually approve your requests.

Also, feel free to suggest ideas or next actions to keep the momentum (and good vives) going!

I hope to have more opportunities to meeting you (and hopefully, working with you) in the future.

Best,

Carlos, on behalf of Nate and Fangzhou

PS: I have only used in CC the email addresses from those who decided to publicly share them in the pad. Others are in BCC.

Dr. Carlos Cámara-Menoyo (He/him)
Senior Research Software Engineer
Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies (CIM)
Room B0.03 | Social Sciences Building | University of Warwick | Coventry CV4 7AL
carlos.camara at warwick.ac.uk<mailto:carlos.camara at warwick.ac.uk>
Web<https://carloscamara.es/en> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/drccamara> | Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/in/carlescamara/> | ORCID<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9378-0549>
[A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature]<https://www.name-coach.com/carlos-camara-menoyo>
My name is Carlos, and I have two surnames: Cámara (my dad’s) and Menoyo (my mum’s). You can call me Carlos Cámara or Carlos Cámara Menoyo, but not Carlos Menoyo.