[Adminsysters] [ adele ---- - updates }}}} }

¬ ` vo.ezn at leverburns.blue
Mon Oct 23 14:17:06 CEST 2023

hi,

our servers have been humming, but some of it we missed to relay ]]

----------------------------------- / adele

today estragon, igni and i have upgraded our nextcloud instance with minimal hassle: 25.0.10 >> 26.0.7 >> 27.1.2

documentation :// https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/-/issues/42#note_551 ://

first we do the backups [backup_script.sh] and then the upgrade [update_script.sh]
today we've appended the upgrade script with 2 lines to communicate ongoing maintenance process through the nextcloud web  interface:
           `sudo -u www-data php --define apc.enable_cli=1 occ maintenance:mode --on`
           `sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --off`

we also had 2fa enabled previously, which resulted in login errors eventually, even after disabling it.
we reactivated it today, but it refused to cooperate; turns our the TOTP software has issues itself
https://github.com/nextcloud/twofactor_totp/issues/1325
we still needed to resolve the leftover login mess -- database route was the way to go.
documentation :// https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/-/issues/57#note_552 ://

----------------------------------- / leverburns / s14 [backup server]

/_____ neutrinet ____________________i see from the emails that kunstenpunk paid 222.00e for neutrinet in 2021 -- invoice date 13-12-2021:
    - Intel DualCore Desktop (refurbished)
    - 3 x 2TB Hard Disk Drives (refurbished)
    - Installation Debian Bullseye on raid5
    - Explanations about raid stuffs
    - 12 x 6€ Neutrinet VPN
    - Gnuragistes were here \o/

we installed it end of september 2021 so i suppose those 12 months are calculated from then on?
if so and nothing was paid since, we can calculate 6€ p/m for 15 months [oct 2022 - dec 2023]

/_____ relocation __________________
ooooo showed us their studio space at https://www.archipel.site/ ]]
++ imgs https://cloud.systerserver.net/index.php/s/oJe2Y84SLoESy4S
our backup server cld be moved there;
existing electricity bill for the space wld cover for its energy consumption.

we cld plan from mid november

/_____ wakeonlan ____________________
https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/-/issues/27

this server consumes a lot of energy, so we decided to setup wakeonlan.
documentation :// https://eth.leverburns.blue/p/s14-wakeonlan ://

atm locally accessible [s14] raspberry pi machine is tasked with sending wake-up packages to the backup server.
during nov - jan we cld finalize our wakeonlan configuration so that everyone has access to the rpi.

in berlin malte [one of the local sysadmins involved with Broken House peertube instance] mentioned systemd timer also doing self-hibernation >> waking-up.
we cld also ask them the specifics, but it wld be helpful to be able to wake the machine up whenever we need to [without waiting for a designated wake-up time]. at the same time we only needed urgent access to it only once.
also a possibility of asking ccc for a backup server came up [wld be great to have a more energy conscius one]. if i remember correctly ai wld reach out to them?

vims,
_ezn

_____ EOM
¬` vo ezn