[Adminsysters] Inquiry regarding Nextcloud instance

Christopher Schölzel muenster at sexuelle-selbstbestimmung.de
Fri Mar 22 22:06:24 CET 2024

Hi Systers,

We are searching for a cloud storage solution with a focus on data
security and collaborative features for our activist work. We are an
alliance of political parties, associations, and other groups and
individuals campaigning for the right to sexual self-determination and
bodily autonomy for all people.

We heard about your awesome initiative and wanted to ask if we could get
an account on your Nextcloud instance. This is just a first inquiry to
get an overview, so no need for any action right now. We are also
checking out a few similar initiatives in Germany and just want to get a
feel for which solution would work best for us. For this purpose, we
have the following questions:

  * How much storage space can you offer? (20 GB would be ideal for us
    to share photos and graphical designs, 2 GB would be our minimum
    requirement)
  * Can we get multiple accounts for members of the alliance? Is there a
    limit to this?
  * Where is the storage physically located?
  * Do you keep backups of Nextcloud data? Maybe even in a different
    storage location?
  * What kind of apps are enabled in your Nextcloud instance: Write,
    Spreadsheet, Present, Photos? Alternatives like Collabora?
  * Is it allowed to share documents with external people via a link
    that allows write access?
  * Are there any conditions of use that we should be aware of?

Best regards,
Christopher from the Alliance for Sexual Self-determination, Münster
<https://www.sexuelle-selbstbestimmung.de/vor-ort/muenster/> (Bündnis
für sexuelle Selbstbestimmung)