[Adminsysters] server adele reinstall

Helen Varley Jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Fri Jul 3 05:46:05 CEST 2020

hi everyone,

i think it's a great idea to set jean up for chat & video conferencing.
i've used & like both jitsi & BBB. jitsi is great because it's so easy,
i've used it recently with quite a few fairly technophobic people & it's
been very successful. however it tends to get a bit unstable when there
are more than 5-6 people in a conference. i've also had a bit of
instability with BBB, but maybe this is more to do with the particular
instances that i've been using. i think BBB has more functionality than
jitsi & is perhaps better for using with an ongoing project. i'd be very
happy to have access to both on jean.

unfortunately i can't help much at the moment (as if i can ever do much
more than cheer enthusiastically from the sidelines!). i've got so many
balls in the air, it's a bit overwhelming, & being in new zealand still
means that pretty much every evening i'm having meetings & rehearsals. i
should be back in munich on 2nd august (if my flights don't get
cancelled again ... ) & once i'm back in that time zone things will
hopefull even out a bit.

h : )

--

helen varley jamieson