[Adminsysters] RightsCon 2022: Propose your sessions for the Digital Security for Communities category!

Beatrice Martini mail at beatricemartini.it
Fri Dec 3 11:38:55 CET 2021

Dear AdminSysters list members,

How are you? We hope this finds you and your loved ones well.

The Call for Proposals for RightsCon 2022 (online from June 6 to 10, 2022)
is now open and welcoming your ideas *until January 13*  – and there is a
*new program category* we want to invite you all to co-develop with us!

https://www.rightscon.org/rightscon-2022-call-for-proposals-open/

# New program category! Digital Security for Communities

This year the RightsCon program welcomes a new category – “Digital Security
for Communities.”

This category focuses on current and emerging digital security practices in
response to rising online threats to individuals, organizations, and
communities at-risk.

Proposals may be about:

* Preventative security practices such as risk assessments, audits, and
educational initiatives.

* Reactive security efforts such as rapid response workflows and help desk
coordination.

* Hardware and software infrastructure and tools designed to strengthen the
work of security practitioners and those they support.

Participatory and collaborative formats are warmly encouraged, and we are
available and glad to discuss with you the most suitable arrangements to
conduct your session (e.g. using alternative platforms such as Big Blue
Button, etc.).

# Who curates the category’s program?

RightsCon has a Program Committee composed of civil society workers,
practitioners, activists, researchers, technologists who are invited to
collaborate on the review of session proposals and the curation of each
category’s program.

This year I have the pleasure and honor to co-chair the Digital Security
for Communities category together with:

* Dina Ahmed – independent activist and academic focusing on digital
rights, gender, sexuality and political economy
* Kaia Tan – Digital Protection Coordinator Asia, Front Line Defenders
* Mohamed Chennoufi – Education and Communities Coordinator, Access Now
Digital Security Helpline
* Natasha Msonza – Africa Digital Protection Lead, Digital Defenders
Partnership
* Nikole Yanez – Digital security consultant, Barracón Digitales – Honduras

See further information about the Programme Committee at:
https://www.rightscon.org/program/#program-committee

# How to submit your proposals

Our aim is to contribute to the creation of a program including a wide
range of perspectives and experiences, with sessions hosted by individuals
and communities of different demographics, regions and contexts.

With this purpose, we invite you and everyone you would like to share this
invitation with to send your session proposals for the Digital Security for
Communities category.

You can find more information about how develop and share your ideas at:
https://www.rightscon.org/your-guide-to-a-successful-proposal/

# Questions?

If you have any questions or would like to share thoughts on the Digital
Security for Communities category, please feel more than welcome to contact
me at beatrice at accessnow.org (public key attached).

Any query about the overall RightsCon event can be sent directly to the
RightsCon Team at rightscon at accessnow.org.

Thank you! We are very much looking forward to collaborating with you all
on creating a brilliant event!

Best,
Beatrice