[Adminsysters] Funds, maintenance, peertube

ignifugo ignifugo at insicuri.net
Wed Jun 9 16:59:41 CEST 2021

On 09/06/21 15:03, ¬ ` wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I agree w/Donna -- a lot to look forward to.
> I would like to be involved in the systerserver admin work, in case i am regarded a good fit.
>

> All best to everyone,
> mika

hi!

happy to hear about this plans!

maybe we can ask funding here?

https://numun.fund/ I checked a bit but I don't know the orgs that
partecipate in that fund.

I'm positive about the idea of peertube, but I don't think to help to
maintain it.

I'm happy to partecipate in the conversation on backups (not as
architect), I think that we have to do backup but also public wrote real
clear that user have to conserve a local copy of what they put. that we
offer the possibility to show in internet, the continuty  of the
service, but they have to have a local archive. to not delegate totally
, just in case to be no more in contact or phisical divided and.. only
the user have the power to know what they want publish or not in the
future. (repristinate a backup could be critical and expose things that
was been erased). example for nextcloud, we can do a backup, but sync in
local I think is a good suggestion to do to our user. I say because I do
in another team, but ... yeee I'm open to speak about this if you see
that can be not nice for whatever reason in systerserver.

if is confortable for you, maybe is usefull now that you are studing
peertube.. if we put more than a services on a machine...

use docker to conteinarize them (only the running code, not db and not
data/config :).

but not feel this as a strict request.. do as you know and we can speak
and if we like we will move the services after..

I missed.. when and where you meet..

thanks for makes plan and I appreciate love for systerserver!

hugs ignifugo