[Adminsysters] Who are we?

bolwerK info at ooooo.be
Thu Dec 15 13:41:58 CET 2022

Thanks mara for making the pad - and all the contributions.

We do understand to write a collective text is an intense process and we
were involved some sessions (_when is the next one?_) and had good
discussions.
With this 'about page', we feel that it is about  systerserver - and not
about the Instance Systertown, which has a different genealogy and maybe
intent.

If about is about systerserver, also with the vocabulary used in the
last paragraph, we can't identify .
Prosumers/consumers/services/utilities.... in the last year(s) we did a
bit of more speculative and imaginative voicing of our praxis.  Here are
is a blogpost we are currently publishing ... in which we were asked to
define us and our activities..; at the bottom you also have the radio
interview with mur.at
https://zoiahorn.anarchaserver.org/a-fair-new-idea-a-feminist-video-streaming-platform/
and we lso like the text mara was pasting in the pad.

Also to coin the 'earliest know feminist server' is pretentious and
arrogant for me - taking a quiet colonial stance,  [who knows].

xm

On 15/12/2022 12:31, mara wrote:
> hi,
>
> I made a pad to edit the _about_.
> https://eth.leverburns.blue/p/systerserver-about
>
> Thank you Nancy for your contribution.
> Some thoughts:
> The text below, misses parts about trans rights. In an interview with
> MELT last spring, and now in the editing process of the interview to
> prepare it for publication, we received feedback telling that our
> trans inclusion is not visible. I can forward their feedback here. So
> good to reflect on that.
> The text below also refers to the colonial language in IT, but doesn't
> tell how is circumvented or subverted to adele/jean naming. if we
> include it we need to make that link visible, I feel.
>
> Moreover the current sysadmins of systerserver, me including, we try
> to avoid the use "services" in our vocabulary, and we haven't used the
> term "prosumers". So there is terminology that needs more reflection
> of the current narrations we have been using in our communications
> with artists, activists and institutions. I have included in the pad
> as an inspiration, a recent summary that we wrote for a fund to do
> some peertube workshops.
>
> HTH
>
> On 12/15/22 05:15, Helen Varley Jamieson wrote:
>> this sounds good to me. one typo, near the end of the second
>> paragraph it should be "and other life forms *is* imporant to ... "
>> (not I)
>>
>> also waving from the southern hemisphere, in the midst of
>> moving-in-to-new-home chaos 😁
>>
>> h : )
>>
>> On 13.12.22 16:41, Nancy Mauro-Flude wrote:
>>> HI Anne / All
>>>
>>> offering forth some text for 'about page'  feel free to tweak:
>>>
>>> The earliest known feminist web server collective is
>>> SysterServer.net launched on International Womxn’s Day, 8 March
>>> 2005, as an initiative of the Gender Changer Academy. The