[Adminsysters] Ca la Dona peertube accessible!

aicarmela aicarmela at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:54:41 CET 2023

Hi!

Today we had a long session with ooooo and ezn (our 4th session on the issue) and finally succeeded in making media.caladona.org accessible through the vpn and reverse proxy of Jean.

We followed parts of this link Mara shared: https://framacolibri.org/t/confused-on-running-peertube-behind-remote-nginx-reverse-proxy/12997

Apart from the nginx configuration on Jean, we also had to configure nginx on the Ca la Dona machine to forward port 80 to port 9000, without this we couldn't get it to work.

There are some notes from the process here: https://eth.leverburns.blue/p/tinc-caladona-s14 but it is pretty cryptic, since we tried a lot of things and got it to work but don't exactly understand how (i surely didn't understand it but i am very happy that it works).

Happy end of year!

**
Ai Carmela Netîrk