[Adminsysters] > documentation >> adele backup server failed disk replacement

¬ ` vo.ezn at leverburns.blue
Wed Mar 15 16:08:07 CET 2023

hi,

as you know we have a backup server [leverburns] at s14 and one of its 4 disks failed long time ago.

here is a story of its replacement [with images] <3

```
pretty much upon our backup server RAID5 installation, 1 of its 4 disks has failed. Micha Gorelick has gifted us 8T disk, so on march 3, some of us [ooooo / m4ra / ezn / sylvie] got together at s14 and worked on replacing the failed [spare] disk with a new one. the idea was to partition it in a way that 2T from its 8T would be incorporated into RAID5 and the rest would be free to use separately/independently.
```
>> https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/-/issues/27

vims,
_ezn