[Adminsysters] Researcher with interest in sysadmin

Robert Collins robert.collins at umu.se
Wed Nov 15 15:27:50 CET 2023

Hello,

I am an Irish PhD researcher in northern Sweden who is looking at deeper, more agonistic, ways to interact with technologies as a way to make space for a healthier relationship with the algorithmic systems that are becoming more ubiquitous.

I recently met Christian Ulrik Andersen and he pointed me in your direction, as a potentially relevant group to get in touch with.

Your approach to systems is very compelling, and has many intersections with the kind of ideas I am looking at for interfaces. My whole direction is towards a more involved relationship with tech, which goes against traditional design approaches and requires the user to be more of a sysadmin over their interactions - very much about owning your own server/interactions and thickening the thin-clients that are being pushed on us.

Would it be possible to meet and chat with any of you? I think I may have a lot to learn from Syster Server and might be able to give something back through collaboration and involvement.

Let me know if you would have time for me.

Thanks,

Rob

[umu-logo-email-EN.png]

Robert Collins
Doctoral Researcher
Designhögskolan / Umeå Institute of Design
Umeå Universitet / Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
www.uid.umu.se
www.robbycollins.com