[Adminsysters] [SERVPUB] VPN on Jean --follow-up

mara mara at multiplace.org
Tue Oct 24 21:05:00 CEST 2023

Dear people,

some update about the VPN on Jean.

in-grid, a digital collective based in UK, together with me and ooooo
have installed and configured tinc during two sessions last June and August.
The VPN hub we created is dedicated to the servpub project and Jean
serves as a proxy to a raspberry-pi. You can visit the pi here:
https://servpub.net/

As result from these worksessions, some people from in-grid have a root
account on jean. They will lead a new worksession next month on how all
these happened, and we will try to create a new VPN hub dedicated to
systerserver allies.
We will start by facilitating a proxy for the peertube of Caladona, an
in-house server which doesn't have a static IP. media.caladona.org is
our collaborator in our feminist federation project 360 degrees of
proximity.

We are discussing with in-grid how they could support Jean in a longer
term, if we decide to let in-grid use Jean VPN for their raspberry-pies.
An idea is that they donate to mur.at an annual contribution fee for
Jean. And perhaps help with some sysadmin work.

We have asked for some members of in-grid to subscribe to this list.

We will send a separate email for the next worksession in November.

warm greetings,
mara

--
mara.multiplace.org