[Adminsysters] Mastodon - what do we want and how do we want it

Gaba gaba at riseup.net
Fri Nov 11 19:12:28 CET 2022

On 11/11/22 12:20, Helen Varley Jamieson wrote:
> i think anna meant to share / discuss between ourselves what we want
> to see happening with systerserver.town, rather than to put that into
> the general guidelines. is that right, anne?

I understood this too and I think it is important for us to discuss what
we want from that space. I like the approach that Darius Kazemi have on
running their instance [1]. He runs a fork of mastodon called hometown
[2] that we could look into as it is for smaller instances . In hometown
there is the option of local only posting, meaning only the people in
your instance can discuss on those.

Looking at the pad [3] that Mara shared I like many of the notes there.
I would like this instance to be a safe space for Queer, feminists,
feminist collectives and activists. I would like for us to have a
feminist approach on how we build the space and build it from our
trusted networks.

0. https://tinysubversions.com/

1. https://friend.camp/about/more

2. https://github.com/hometown-fork/hometown/wiki