[Adminsysters] Upgraded to Last Version ... next?

bolwerK info at ooooo.be
Wed Nov 23 02:29:31 CET 2022

inline

> On 11/15/22 20:41, bolwerK wrote:
>>    And now I finished the upgrade to the last version (4.0.2) \o/
>>
>> /*Next we need a fresh install in adele so we can import the DB and
>> redirect the systerserver.town*/
>>
>> Great - for the update! but always better to be 2 for the learning
>> curve but that is hard with the time zone differences ***
>> -
>> we made the gitlab ticket here -based on the pad:
>> https://git.systerserver.net/systerserver/notes/-/issues/50
>> _
>>
>> For migrating we were contemplating (with mara) if it is a good idea
>> to centralize and maybe it is better to keep the digital ocean
>> machine, To spread our services and not be dependent on 1 machine...
>> taking in account  [a] the costs of the machine [b] if there is other
>> personal services running on the server @gaba? [c] the interest of
>> systerserver to run collectively the server
>
> You were thinking about possible bandwidth use for the people at
> mur.at ? That would be one reason why it may be not good to move there.
what do we need as bandwidth?

> I'm not understanding the a,b,c options you are mentioning. I have no
> other service running on that server where systerserver.town is in
> right now.
a/ how much does it cost?
b/ is the digital ocean machine of 80 gig only for mastodon or do you
have personal work on that machine.
c/ do we wanna move it jean -processor is 1.8 has 4 gig ram - if so we
need new hard drives ( of 250GIg)  they are failing

> If we are not moving I'm thinking on maybe setting up an
> opencollective account for anybody that may want to contribute to the
> costs of the instance. Let me know what you think.

it would be great anyhow for systerserver (do you think fiscal host is
the best choice?)
https://docs.opencollective.com/help/fiscal-hosts/fiscal-hosts
<https://docs.opencollective.com/help/fiscal-hosts/fiscal-hosts>for now
we don't have any admin/legal body and it would be good also for if we
ask funds.
  (do you use it for other projects ? you have exemples)
like lurk : https://opencollective.com/lurk